These Terms and Conditions of Use (“T&C”) of Ascendeum (the “Company”) apply to your use of and registration with http://ascendeum.com/ (the “Site”).
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SITE
Your access to, and browsing, review and use of the Site is subject to these T&C and any applicable laws. By accessing and using the Site, you accept these T&C, without limitation or qualification. If you do not agree to the T&C, do not use the Site. If, at any time, any part of the T&C is no longer acceptable to you, immediately terminate your use of the Site.
Right To Change, Modify or Delete T&C
- The Company reserves the right to change, modify, add or delete portions of the T&C at any time, without prior notice. Please keep reviewing the T&C periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Site will mean that you automatically accept such changes and/or deletions.
Copyright and Use of Site Content
- This Site and all the information and data it contains, or may in the future contain, including, but not limited to, articles, memoranda, bulletins, reports, press releases, opinions, text, directories, guides, photographs, illustrations, trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos (collectively, the “Content”), is the property of the Company, and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by U.S. Copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and any other applicable laws. For trademarks, logos and any information displayed on the site owned by third parties, nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use this Site or any Content displayed on this Site, without the prior written permission of the Company or such third party that may own the rights of material displayed on this Site.
Responses to Online Requests
- From time to time, the Company may offer to provide information or materials via e-mail or otherwise to interested persons. The Company reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to reject any requests for such information or materials, or to discontinue the provision of such information or materials to any person, for any reason whatsoever.
- You may use the Site for lawful purposes only. You may not upload to, or distribute or otherwise publish through the Site, any Content that is any of the following:
- is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, harassing or threatening, or otherwise objectionable to the Company in the Company’s sole discretion;
- contains computer viruses, worms, moles or other contaminating or destructive elements;
- violates the rights of others, such as Content that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or violates any right of privacy or publicity;
- contains any false or misleading statement;
- contains advertising; or otherwise violates any applicable criminal or civil law. You may not use the Site for any commercial purpose and may not distribute over the Site any solicitation of funds, goods and services.
- You may not use the Site to solicit subscribers to join other online information services that are competitive with the Site.
Content Management and Removal
- If you believe that your intellectual property right (or such a right that you are responsible for enforcing) is infringed by any content on the Site, please write to the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving a written statement that contains the following information:
- an identification of the copyrighted work and/or intellectual property right claimed to have been infringed;
- an identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Site that is requested to be removed;
- your name, address, and an e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work and/or exercise of the intellectual property right is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed; and
- the signature of the intellectual property right owner or someone authorized on the owner’s behalf to assert infringement of the right.
The Company will remove any posted submission that infringes the copyright or other intellectual property right of any person upon receipt of such a statement.
- The Site may contain links to sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties (the “External Sites”). You acknowledge that the Company is not responsible for the availability of, or the content or software applications located on or through any External Site. You should contact the site administrator or Webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or External Sites.
- When registering with or applying to the Company you must provide accurate, complete, and current registration information and you agree to provide the Company with any updates to that information promptly after such changes occur.
- You shall be responsible for obtaining communication services, computer equipment and other products or services necessary to access and use the Site. You shall be responsible for all charges associated with accessing and maintaining a connection to the Site including, but not limited to, charges imposed by an Internet service provider, or your local telephone company.
Access to and Availability of the Site
- The Site may become unavailable to you as a result of maintenance, malfunction of computer hardware or software, or for other reasons, and may result in damages to your systems or operations. You shall be solely responsible for ensuring that any information or content obtained from the Site does not contain any virus, worm, mole or other computer software code or subroutine designed to disable, erase, impair or otherwise damage your systems, software, or data.
Restriction, Suspension or Termination
- The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Site at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability and without any obligation to refund any portion of fees paid for any product or service.
- The Company may change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Site at any time, including the availability of any Site feature, database, or content, without prior notice or liability.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE DISTRIBUTED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NEITHER THE COMPANY, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ANY CONTENT OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE AND THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT IS ASSUMED SOLELY BY YOU. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PROVIDER OF THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS WARRANTS THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; NOR DOES THE COMPANY, ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDER, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 THAT PROVIDES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MIGHT HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” Limitation of Liability.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE COMPANY NOR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDER NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PAST OR PRESENT OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, INVESTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES ATTORNEYS, LICENSORS OR INFORMATION PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Company, and all of its predecessors, successors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and past and present officers, directors, shareholders, investors, employees, agents, information providers, attorneys, representatives licensors and information providers (collectively, the “Company Representatives”) harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by the Company or any Company Representative in connection with any claim arising out of any use or alleged use by you of this site or arising out of or in relation to any breach by you of the Terms and conditions, or the representations, warranties and covenants you made by agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. The Company reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate reasonably with the Company’s defense of such claim.
Choice of Law
- The Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey.
- The Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
No Amendment or Waiver
- The Terms and Conditions may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties and no waiver by either party shall be deemed a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default, unless such a waiver is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the Company.